Broadway: 1849 is a 150,000-word interactive historical adventure novel by Robert Davis. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Will you succeed by your smart business sense or enlist the citys gangs to push your competition out of business? Can you manage the diva personalities of your actors? What about a ghost haunting your theatre's stage?
Are you a flashy producer playing to please the crowd with circus acts? Do you try to earn the respect of the city's leaders with fine art? Can you wrangle the press into writing the best reviews?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual.
- Compete with rivals to stage the biggest shows and gain the largest audience!
- Choose a cast from the city's brightest talent.
- Investigate the hidden secrets of your theatre.
- Rush to defuse a deadly bomb, or let it explode and plunge the city into chaos.
- Nurture young talent or feed your own ambition for the spotlight.
- Rub shoulders with the city's most notorious criminals, or bring their misdeeds to light.
- Help a deserving friend escape the clutches of an unscrupulous businessman.
- Join forces with a criminal gang or side with the mayors push for order.
When forced to choose you'll decide whether to fight for peace or let the city burn.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this review:
We are striving for excellence and want to become better.
We appreciate and encourage any feedback.
Please, share your thoughts on our website – leave us a message on the «Contact us» page.